Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
- 200 gms Fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 30 ml. White wine (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 15 gms Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp. Spring onions greens (chopped)
- To taste Salt
- A loaf. Essentially it should give you 12 to 15 slices. French Baguette or Ciabatta ( bread with a crisp exterior)
- To apply on the sliced bread Butter
Slice the bread and Toast it lightly in a toaster / oven or a pan on slow heat. apply the butter. (You can also use garlic butter if you like)
For the filling
Slice the mushrooms. In a pan, add the olive oil and then the garlic. Sauté for a minute and add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, wine and stir.
Cook till all the water dries out. Add the cheese and spring onions (add the spring onions only if you plan to use the filling straight away).
Place on toasted bread. The filling can be served hot or cold.
The bread should almost always be hot.