Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
- 1 cup (small variety) Cracked wheat
- 5-6 Dates
- 3-4 Fig
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 cup (it can be made Vegan by adding almond or soya milk) Milk
- 1 tablespoon Broken cashews and raisins fried in a little bit of ghee
- 1 tablespoon Coconut palm sugar
Chop the dates and fig into small pieces and microwave them in a bowl with water just in to cover them for 4 minutes.
This will turn a little mushy.
Heat a pot with a cup of milk and 3 cups of water. Once it comes to a boil, add the cracked wheat, cardamom powder, cooked dry fruits mixture and the palm sugar.
Cook it under low-to-medium flame for around 7 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
Once the desired consistency is reached, switch off the stove, add the fried cashews and raisins and the chopped dates and nuts.
Serve hot or cold.