Prep Time 10 Min
Cook Time 10 Min
Serves 5 People
- 1 cup or 200 gms Brown sugar
- 1 cup or 240 ml Water
- Butter (if using unsalted please add 1/4th tsp salt) 1/4th cup or 60 gms
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp or 170 gms Flour (Maida)
- 1 heaped tbsp OR 15 gms Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp OR 5 gms Baking soda
- 100 gms large Black raisins (cleaned and seedless), chopped
- 75 gms Prunes, chopped
- 50 gms normal Small raisins, chopped
- 100 gms Finely chopped mixed candied peels
Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius.
Prep a 9 inch non stick loaf pan with butter and a strip of baking paper at the bottom.
In a pan combine the raisins, prunes, sugar , butter and water. Bring it to a boil and let it boil slowly for 5-7 minutes.
Switch off the gas and add the vanilla extract and candied peels. Let the mixture cool completely. Add 2 slightly beaten eggs to this mixture.
Sift together the flour cocoa powder and baking soda.
Mix the Flour in the mixed fruit and pour it into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for around 45-55 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the cake for 10 minutes and de-mould.
Serve warm or cold