|200 gms||Fresh mushrooms|
|1/2 tsp||Pepper powder|
|30 ml.||White wine (optional)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|15 gms||Parmesan cheese (grated)|
|2 tbsp.||Spring onions greens (chopped)|
|A loaf. Essentially it should give you 12 to 15 slices.||French Baguette or Ciabatta (Any bread with a crisp exterior)|
|To apply on the sliced bread||Butter|
Method of Preparation
- Slice the bread and Toast it lightly in a toaster / oven or a pan on slow heat. apply the butter. (You can also use garlic butter if you like)
- For the filling
- Slice the mushrooms. In a pan, add the olive oil and then the garlic. Sauté for a minute and add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, wine and stir.
- Cook till all the water dries out. Add the cheese and spring onions (add the spring onions only if you plan to use the filling straight away).
- Place on toasted bread. The filling can be served hot or cold.
- The bread should almost always be hot.