Grilled Eggplant Salad with Caramelised Onion and Fennel
|1 no||Fresh Fennel Bulb|
|50 gms||Cherry Tomato|
|25 gms||Red Onion Sliced|
|50 gms||Crumbled Goat Cheese|
|100 gms||Fresh Roquette Leaves|
|5 gms||Fresh Basil|
|5 gms||Fresh Thyme|
|50 ml||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|45 ml||White Balsamic Vinegar|
|to taste||Crushed Pepper|
Method of Preparation
- Cut thick slices of eggplant and marinate them with a little oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- Grill the eggplant till its nice and soft but not mushy.
- Thickly slice the fennel and marinate as above. Grill the fennel and onion till tender.
- In a bowl add the halved cherry tomato, roquette leaves, grilled eggplant, fennel and onion.
- Add in the olive oil, salt pepper and balsamic vinegar, toss everything together.
- Layer the eggplant and fennel and top it with the crumbled cheese and leaves and drizzle some dressing .