Feta And Vegetable Crostini
|1/4th cup||Tomato paste|
|4 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 tbsp||Rosemary, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|60 ml||Olive oil|
|1||Eggplant, thinly sliced|
|1||Red capsicum, cut into strips|
|1||Yellow capsicum, cut into strips|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|6||Spring onions, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Chilli flake|
|100 gms||Feta cheese, crumbled|
|1 loaf||French baguette, halved horizontally|
Method of Preparation
- Pre- heat oven at 220 degrees celcius. Mix the tomatoes, tomato paste and half of the crushed garlic in a large bowl.
- Spread this mixture over the bread and set aside. Now, mix rosemary, olive oil, fennel seeds and the remaining garlic.
- Spread the eggplant, capsicum on a baking tray and brush it with herb olive oil. Bake for 8 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Turn and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together and add it to the remaining herb oil.
- Add the chilli flakes, spring onions and pepper. Add the roasted vegetables to it. Now pile the marinated roasted vegetables on each half of the bread.
- Top it with crumbled Feta cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes at 220 degrees.
- When the cheese has turned slightly golden, take it out and cut into pieces.
- Serve hot.