Cracked Wheat Kheer
|1 cup (small variety)||Cracked wheat|
|1/4 teaspoon||Cardamom powder|
|1 cup (it can be made Vegan by adding almond or soya milk)||Milk|
|1 tablespoon||Broken cashews and raisins fried in a little bit of ghee|
|1 tablespoon||Coconut palm sugar|
Method of Preparation
- Chop the dates and fig into small pieces and microwave them in a bowl with water just in to cover them for 4 minutes.
- This will turn a little mushy.
- Heat a pot with a cup of milk and 3 cups of water. Once it comes to a boil, add the cracked wheat, cardamom powder, cooked dry fruits mixture and the palm sugar.
- Cook it under low-to-medium flame for around 7 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, switch off the stove, add the fried cashews and raisins and the chopped dates and nuts.
- Serve hot or cold.