Chocolate Fruit Cake
|1 cup or 200 gms||Brown sugar|
|1 cup or 240 ml||Water|
|Butter (if using unsalted please add 1/4th tsp salt)||1/4th cup or 60 gms|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 cup + 1 tbsp or 170 gms||Flour (Maida)|
|1 heaped tbsp OR 15 gms||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp OR 5 gms||Baking soda|
|100 gms large||Black raisins (cleaned and seedless), chopped|
|75 gms||Prunes, chopped|
|50 gms normal||Small raisins, chopped|
|100 gms||Finely chopped mixed candied peels|
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prep a 9 inch non stick loaf pan with butter and a strip of baking paper at the bottom.
- In a pan combine the raisins, prunes, sugar , butter and water. Bring it to a boil and let it boil slowly for 5-7 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and add the vanilla extract and candied peels. Let the mixture cool completely. Add 2 slightly beaten eggs to this mixture.
- Sift together the flour cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Mix the Flour in the mixed fruit and pour it into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for around 45-55 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes and de-mould.
- Serve warm or cold