Chocolate Crinckle Cookies
|2 tablespoons OR 28 gms||Butter|
|2/3rd Cup OR 115 gms||Dark Chocolate|
|1/4th Cup OR 50 gms||Sugar|
|1 egg||Room temperature|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 cup minus 1 tablespoon OR 97 gms||Flour (maida)|
|1/4th teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1/2 cup OR 55 gms||Icing sugar|
Method of Preparation
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together. I used the microwave on medium giving it a stir every 20 seconds. Let it cool to room temperature.
- With your electric beater, beat your eggs and sugar until the color changes from yellow to pale yellow (around 3-5 minutes on high).
- Add the vanilla and the cooled down chocolate to it and mix until completely incorporated.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix until completely incorporated. The mixture will feel a little soft.
- Keep this mixture in the fridge for minimum 2 hours. (you can leave it in the fridge overnight too) please cover it with cling film.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Sift the icing sugar in a bowl. Take out the cookie dough mixture and start making round balls out of it. 1 cookie dough measure is 1 tablespoon or 15 gms (by measuring correctly you will get uniform cookies) Make sure your cookies are perfectly round and smooth.
- Now roll them in the icing sugar and place them on a slightly greased baking tray. If measured correctly, this recipe will yield around 18 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes. When they come out they will feel very soft but will firm up in a few minutes.
- These are soft fudgy cookies, almost like a chocolate marshmallow cake.