Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish
|45 ml||Mustard oil|
|50 gms||Mustard paste|
|50 gms||Black onion seeds|
|5 gms||Tumeric powder|
|5 gms||Red chilli powder|
|4 nos. cut into 6 inch squares||Banana leaves|
Method of Preparation
- Put the banana leaves on a hot plate for a minute to soften them.
- Clean and cut the fish fillet in approx 4 inch cubes.
- Marinate the pieces with half the mustard oil, kalonji, turmeric powder red chilli powder, mustard paste, sugar and salt. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Wrap individual fish in the banana leave and pierce with tooth picks to prevent them from opening.
- Put in a steamer for 6- 8 mins until cooked.